Our Walk Together

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My big big BOY!!

Today my handsome little boy turned 1! While he is still the same size he was at 9/10 months--because he never grows-- he is still a big boy now and it is actually harder to accept then I expected. Since he was born on my sister's 20th birthday, they both celebrated today- him 1 and her 21! As a gift for them both I brought them to the studio today and had their bday pictures done. I think they turned out super great but you can decide! lol



At first there was only going to be pictures of Chase and Aunt Jacky but when I got to thinking about it I realized I might look back and wish I had taken at least one picture with my son for his birthday... So I got a couple cute ones of us together.





I had these shirts made for the pictures. I thought it would be a cute idea to do a pose from behind and my boss took the photos and they turned out so cute! Chase did so well and it meant alot to Jacky to get pictures done with him!













I am quite proud of how these pictures turned out. I feel bad because I never got pictures done for the girls for their 1st birthdays like this... pictures around their birthdays yes, but not with th 1's and never of just them individually to celebrate. But I never worked for a portrait studio before with great discounts and opportunities either. So, you take each chance you can right? lol :)
Speaking of working at a portrait studio, I have some excellent news that I can finally share!
My district manager called me about a week ago and asked me if I was interested in a management experience they had available in Bowling Green Kentucky. The offer price was lower than what we could live off of, with moving and all, so I told him I needed a better offer but I was willing to move if the price was right. Today he called me and offered me a little more, still not enough for us to live off of... we had already found the most affordable place in Bowling Green and knew we had a certain price we could live with... so once again I had to tell him not unless we could bring the price up. Thankfully he has been very impressed with me and wanted me to have this job. He really went to bat for me with the regional manager and right before Chase's party tonight I got "the call" we had been waiting for. The right price with a guarantee raise within 3-6 months as long as I perform like I should. As excited as I am I also feel a bit nervous. This is a big responsibility and an opportunity for my family I am afraid I could mess up. I absolutely LOVE my job and have been aiming towards management since I started really. I am feeling quite blessed for this amazing chance and I am praying for the many blessings that I really feel will continue to come from this.
We will be moving the first week of February! That's nice and soon. lol. We havent decided whether we are going to move straight to Bowling Green or maybe the half-way point between here and there in Russelville. We dont have forever to decide so we are going to be going through all the apartments and rentals we can find over the next few days and make some phone calls and a drive out that way to view the area. Prayers please that we find the right place for us and the best place for our family to live.
Well there is an update for everyone! Wish us luck and blessings!!!


No comments: