Our Walk Together

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Differences

So, I have been keeping a small record of what has been going on during the pregnancy through the blog, not really keeping up the way I should, but attempting to keep some record... Anyway, my Mom suggested I keep track of the differences between this pregnancy and the other two, since we have a boy this time... and believe me, there are differences! lol

First Trimester

With the girls, I was sick throughout the entire pregnancy. With Ciara I was actually physically ill, vomiting all the time, everything but what I was craving! With Cadince, I was just nauseous 24/7! I couldn't eat anything even if I wanted to, but once I did I had the constant feeling of nausea, with no relief! With Chase, however, I had early morning nausea through the first whole trimester, occasionally it was throughout the entire day but mostly in the morning or late late evening. It was always accompanied by vomiting! lol

Second Trimester

Into the second trimester, with both Ciara and Cadince, I was laid up in bed, still ill! My body stayed fairly small, however, and my weight gain was minimal. With Chase, my feet swell, my legs and hands swell, and my weight gain has been average, but not where I would like it to be! Because with Ciara I started out so small, I only gained about 18 lbs with her over all 9 months. With Cadince, since she was 7 weeks early, I only gained about 24 lbs, but at 33 weeks that was a good deal more than what I had gained with Ciara. After Cadie I didn't lose all of my weight, and started out at an unideal weight with Chase... 155 lbs! So far, in the second trimester, nearly to the third with Chase, I have gained 20 lbs... and I still have 15 weeks to go! I have just now been put on light bed rest, with orders to prop my feet up as often as possible and avoid any straining exercise or movements. Great! I have 3 kids! lol By this point , 25 weeks, in my previous 2 pregnancies, I had been to the hospital quite a few times with preterm labor scares, had to have terbutaline shots out the whazoo, and was incapable of doing anything on my own! haha! With Chase, I have been twice, only because an infection has caused me to go into heavier Braxton Hicks than permissible, and that has thrown me over and required me to have the terb!

Kicking

Ciara was my first and so, I wasn't exactly a pro on what to look for movement wise. I first felt her kicks around 19-20 weeks and they were like little butterfly movements! I felt the same feeling with Cadie around the same time, only a little more profound, since the girls were only a year apart! With Chase, I felt the butterflies at about 16 weeks, way before I expected them. At 20 weeks I could feel full on kicking and moving around and unlike the girls, who I could SEE moving around at about 28 weeks, I have seen Chase moving since week 22! It's true, you really do see and feel things earlier each time! haha
The girls were pretty consistent with their kicking and location. Both girls stayed in the center of my belly area most of the time, only occasionally putting pressure on my spine and only towards the end. Chase, however, is ALL OVER THE PLACE, all the time! He kicks me in the back, the chest, straight down (oh ya, that one hurts ladies!), and pretty much anywhere he pleases!

Ultrasound

With both the girls, I had an ultrasound around 21 weeks and then had at least one after that. With Cadie, because of her/my condition, I had 2 ultrasounds a week for about 2 months to keep a close eye on her measurements. Both the girls were very proportioned looking. Their bodies seemed about the same from head to toe... Chase, on the other hand, appeared ALL LEGS in all his ultrasounds so far! No wonder his kicks make me shake sometimes with their intensity!

Cravings

My cravings haven't been near as intense with Chase as they were with the girls. With Ciara and Cadince I had hardcore cravings throughout the day and night all the way to about the 7 month mark. I wanted strange combinations of things, beef jerky all the time, pepsi circulated through my veins like blood, and if I didn't eat when and what I was craving then, I couldn't eat after. I practically lived off of Subway with Cadince! lol With Chase, I have had minimal cravings, mostly for full course meals like Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy (thanks Mom), steak and loaded mashed potatoes, salads and such... oh, and pistachios! haha! However, the weirdest craving I have had, through all the pregnancies has occurred with Chase only and is really abnormal to me... milk! I HATE milk so much! I barely use any in my cereal each morning, I would only drink it accompanied with Ovaltine mix, I wouldn't even drink it with oreos! Chase, on the other hand, LOVES milk and I have to have two or three glasses everyday! I never thought something I personally have such disdain for could become my new pepsi all because of the appetite of my child!

That's about all I've got right now... Which is quite alot I realize! haha! I hope to remember to update in the third trimester!

No comments: