Our Walk Together

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

motivational in my very hectic life

My mom sent me this email story and it undoubtedly touched my heart so much. I have been building a stronger relationship with the Lord these past few months, unfortunate that it took such a horrid probability (the possible health problems with our son) to finally get my butt in gear towards this transformation, but whatever the reason I have matured so much in this short while and have been "blessed" with trials and tribulations already to build up that faith and relationship even more lately.
I hope that as you read this short story you feel the spirit rush over you as I did.
For, the Lord only gives us what we can handle and he will not weigh upon us that which we can not carry. He might try :) but he knows our limits!


Here's the story:

I was tired. Bone weary. For six weeks, my schedule had been relentless. In the middle of it all I had been faced with one tragedy after another: the accidental death of a young woman in our church; the loss of a close friend to heart disease; the breakup of a loved one's marriage. I was beginning to feel like Job.
One Wednesday night at prayer meeting, the strain must have showed on my face. After the service, Tom Parrish walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I knew he had something important to say. Tom is eighty yeas old. A survivor of Pearl Harbor, he has been a lawyer, a pastor and university administrator. He is a man of wisdom and experience. I have learned to listen to him.

"Scott," Tom began, "let me tell you a story about something that happened to me in high school. I was strong and lean back then, and very fast. I ran the mile on the track team, but I was having problems. I always led the pack through the first three-and -a -half laps, but on the homestretch I was getting beat. One day after I lost by a whisker, my track coach pulled me over and said a single sentence that changed my life: 'Always remember that the other man is just as tired as you are.'

"Now, Scott, you haven't said it, but I can tell it: You're tired. But this is the moment when you must not give in. Just remember that others have gone through what you're going through, and they didn't lose the race. And they were as tired as you are. Keep your chin up and keep running."
There are times when all of us need to collapse and rest. There are other times when we need to tighten our jaw and "keep on keeping on." And sometimes the encouragement of a friend can make all the difference between winning or losing the race.

Dear Father, may I continue to run the race that is before me. And may I give encouragement to other runners along the way. Scott Walker

Are we an encourager or discourager? May God help us to be like Jesus. Have a Great day in the Lord!

No comments: